Monday, June 07, 2010

Back to Square 1

I went back for another 1.5 hours tonight. I weeded by hand and learned two important things: 1) Knee pads are essential. 2) My garden is full of burs - which, I might add, are not too comfortable to plop a kneecap or buttcheek on. On the plus side, getting up close and personal with my dirt allowed me to pull out a bunch of small rocks, lots of random plastic and other detritus, all of which added up to two-plus gallons in my 5-gallon pail.

I started to hoe/till again, but only got a quarter of the way through before I was "dying" of thirst/my back started hurting. So, basically, I spent three hours getting myself back to where I started.

It is supposed to rain tonight, be nice Wednesday/Thursday and then rain all weekend. So, my goal is to let things dry on Wednesday and then hopefully finish hoeing/planting on Thursday. If I don't get back in there before the weekend, I might as well just give it up as a jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment